|Men's Tennis » News||» News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics » Archive|
Men's Tennis Falls to UCF
ORLANDO, Fla. – In a postponed match from earlier this season, the FGCU men’s tennis team traveled to Orlando, Fla. for a dual meeting with UCF on Sunday. The Eagles fell to the Knights, 7-0, on the afternoon.
The Eagles’ record drops to 0-5 (0-1 A-Sun) this spring while the Knights improves to 5-5.
UCF made a clean sweep of the dual contest, taking the opening doubles point with victories in each of the three matches. In the day’s singles action, the Eagles were unable to come away with a win as the Knights went on to the 7-0 win.
The match was originally scheduled for Feb. 6, but rain in the Orlando area forced the schools to postpone the contest.
FGCU will now prepare for the A-Sun home opener, as it welcomes Campbell to the FGCU Tennis Complex on Thursday, March 3 beginning at 1 p.m. Results and recaps of the competition will be available at www.FGCUAthletics.com at the conclusion of the dual.
1. Erik Brunskog (UCF) def. Matthew Rock (FGCU), 7-5, 6-4
2. Blaze Schwartz (UCF) def. Gabriel Echeverry (FGCU), 6-3, 6-2
3. Claudio Romano (UCF) def. Dean Tsamas (FGCU), 6-0, 6-2
4. Leonel Vivas (UCF) def. Mitchell Lvovsky (FGCU), 6-4, 6-4
5. Joe Delinks (UCF) def. Steve Binninger (FGCU), 6-2, 6-0
6. Mitch Thams (UCF) def. Collin Brown (FGCU), 6-1, 6-0
1. Joe Delinks and Blaze Schwartz (UCF) def. Gabriel Echeverry and Matthew Rock (FGCU), 8-6
2. Matthew Zachary and Eugene Dolgovykh (UCF) def. Steve Binninger and Dean Tsamas (FGCU), 8-3
3. Mitch Thams and Erik Brunskog (UCF) def. Collin Brown and Carlo Checchia (FGCU), 8-5